Pan's Labyrinth is one of those unique films you can watch over again because of all the detail and thought that has been put into each scene. I find it to be such a beautiful and disturbing film (the monsters are very imaginative!) and Guillermo del Toro has done an amazing job blending fantasy and reality. There are also some great notebook pages up on the website if you're interested!
June 11, 2009
Pan's Labyrinth
Pan's Labyrinth is one of those unique films you can watch over again because of all the detail and thought that has been put into each scene. I find it to be such a beautiful and disturbing film (the monsters are very imaginative!) and Guillermo del Toro has done an amazing job blending fantasy and reality. There are also some great notebook pages up on the website if you're interested!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
This is one of my absolute favorite films. It´s beautiful and sad, the music is wonderful too!
in my summer class, we just watched a little of this film the other day! it was the first time i saw it. it looked really interesting!
Gisele: The music is so beautiful and haunting. Thanks for your thoughts! :)
Aron: It is! Quite a unique film, watch if you can! :)
If you liked Pan's I think you'd also like The Orphanage!
It's also one of my most favourite films, although because I really like the story!
The ending... hach!
Do you know the film 'The Fall' by Tarsem Singh (stills are on my latest blog entdy...)? In any way it reminds me a little bit of 'El laberinto del fauno', so I think, if you do not know (but I guess you know it :) you might like it ;)
this film is so visually spectacular. it is such a fantastic cinematic rendition of a fairytale with the requisite nightmarish elements thrown in.
p.s if i could fit you in my suitcase for paris i would. although we've never actually met, i can envision an adventure story where we try to track down jean-pierre leaud and then have afternoon tea ;)
yes indeed both beautiful and disturbing!
I loved this movie! It's one of those movies you wish would keep going.
xo-L
one of my very favorite movies! I sewed a version of the green dress and apron and was ofelia one year for halloween!
Oh I love this movie (and the music), and your blog! :)
Pan's Labyrinth is one of those movies which you can't always tell what's true and what's imaginated. That's one of the reasons why it's so interesting! And it's beautifully done as well...
This film and Tarsem Singh's film, "The Fall" are two of the most visually stunning films that I've seen in years. The level of detail is staggering.
Post a Comment