I recently ordered a copy of the beautiful book 'Pictures' by Tim Walker. I didn't realise just how huge it was until it arrived on my doorstep in a giant delivery bag that looked like it could fit a few people inside. The book itself is full of imagination and colour and I especially like the scrap book pages and some of the earlier photographs. Here are two great pictures I hadn't seen before.
July 1, 2009
Tim Walker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, I love hose pictures!
I like seeing something that he did that is not fashion oriented. I think he's a marvelous photographer with a marvelous imagination, but I get tired of looking at fashion shoots really fast.
Artists' scrapbooks are always so fascinating, don't you think?
Have a great day!
MJ
xx
That's just beautiful, I am tempted to buy the book myself. You always have such breathtaking posts.
Oh wow! I would love to own it too, luck thing!
wow big book! must be great
endofmarch: I agree, I think alot of his best work is not fashion photography (not that those aren't amazing to look at too).
Scrapbooks are some of my favourite things in the world! :)
Hila: It's so great to hear from you Hila! I spent ages trying to decide whether to buy the book but finally gave in! :)
hollie: thanks! you can see a preview of it online on google books.
make it easy: it's massive! i have learnt not to try to lift it with one hand. :p
i received this book for my birthday this year and was astounded by the size of it - it won't fit into my bookcase. i love the fairy tale-like worlds he creates. xo
i would love to be the proud owner of a Pictures book! Tim Walker really is something else.
Post a Comment