April 20, 2009

Living Shelter



The 'Handmade Houses' series of books are wonderful, and full of amazing homes that people have built themselves. These pictures are from the book 'Living Shelter: Handmade Houses in Australia' and include a unique domed house made from shingles.

I'll eventually post some more if my scanner feels like helping me!

8 comments:

MJ said...

Oh I love them! I would love to be in the second one particularly. Just lying there, in a patch of sunlight...Thank you for sharing these!

Tara Lucia Zaicz said...

How amazing! I dream of living in a tree house or a teepee.... either one I'm not fussed! Thanks for sharing... will go on the hunt for this amazing book now! x

Pfeffer & Sahne said...

AH, where do you find these amazing photographs. I want more of these posts!

You made my day. My grumpy mood turned into a happy face.

kerri said...

these are beautiful and remind me of india so, so much. thank-you lady xx

Windy Days said...

endofmarch: yes, they all seem so lovely and peaceful. hope you get to sit in some sun today! :)

tara: i've always wanted to live in a treehouse for a few days. thanks for your comment!

niki: yay, i'm glad that i could make you feel happy. i hate those grumpy days!

kerri: oh india must be an amazing place! thank you dear. :)

Missa said...

I love the handmade houses books! I was so excited to find one at a thrift store for a dollar a few months ago :D

That second photo made my jaw drop. The light is so amazing.

Anonymous said...

so much spirit is humming though those windows.
genius,
triangles are the best shape
many hidden triangles to be found there...........Jealous.

alan said...

wow. this made my day!!

Hit Counter