April 16, 2009

Closet Tales


I recently picked up a copy of The Australian Closet Tales of Fashion, an insightful documentary about four well-known Australian fashion designers. My favourite episodes were definitely the ones on Akira and Lover. It was very inspiring to see how they went about the design process (which is something I've always found interesting, being the nosy person I am).

Akira:








Lover:









Lover makes such wearable yet pretty clothes, and I half fell in love with Akira, he came off as such a modest and humble person with a real quirky sense of humour.

10 comments:

Pfeffer & Sahne said...

I love this post!

danica said...

i watched this documentary when it was shown on sbs a few years ago. the lover episode was my favourite too. i find their partnership so inspiring - i just wish i could afford their clothes!

Windy Days said...

Niki: Thank you!! It's nice to hear from you. :)

Danica: I know, I find it amazing how in tune with each other they seem to be. I also love how they take inspiration from so many different places...though yes, the pricetags are always the problem! :p

Pfeffer & Sahne said...

thank you!

Yes, me too!
Your blog is so peaceful,
I'm going to follow it!

em said...

lover; so pretty!

Irene said...

Wow your blog is very inspiring!

amy said...

i think i saw the akira episode on sbs too, i didn't realise it was part of a series. his process is so lovely, did you see his exhibition at the ngv? i think it was a few years ago now, but he had the paper doll blown up to human size with his clothes draped over them, it was beautiful!

Windy Days said...

irene: thank you! i'm glad you like it.

amy: yes, i did! it was indeed lovely, and i love his paper dolls. i remember purchasing a little postcard of one to send to a friend, then ended up buying a few for myself! xx

roberta jane said...

i LOVE LOVER :) And I need to win the lottery!

Dylan said...

Kurt Cobain's eyes on the last pic ?

Hit Counter