October 14, 2009

Janfamily







Janfamily are a Danish art collective with a unique way of exploring daily life. Their book 'Plans For Other Days' is full of odd yet strangely comforting advice like "how to stop time" and "how not to do what you did yesterday". I wish I could find more information about them but they remain rather mysterious...

41 comments:

Pfeffer & Sahne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pfeffer & Sahne said...

oops something went wrong. But I have their book ' plans for other days'!

I LOVE THEM

cloudgathererholdmedown said...

the book sounds divine and the photos are just magic!

marie said...

yes ive loved that hair plait photo for ages :) love to know more too.

laura tj said...

looks a bit eerie and beautiful at the same time. would like to know more abt this if anyone has more information!

amy said...

i have wanted this book for such a long time!

danica said...

oh my - i would like to learn more about this art collective too! i really like what i see.

p.s i notice that you are reading the namesake - it is one of my favourite books :)

emel said...

oh so wonderful <3
thankyou

ii-ne-kore said...

wow! thanks so much for introducing me to to this!

Anonymous said...

good pictures. really, the way they explore the idea is amazing!

Hila said...

Just lovely - inter-twining hair always gets my attention!

loveology said...

Oooh how I love this...
It's so subtle (subtile?) and adorable..
Thanks dear!

'Mila
x

Fifikoussout said...

you're tagged !
i would be honored if you wished to participate to my new project : http://fifikoussout.blogspot.com/2009/10/perfect-life-book.html
:)

Make it Easy said...

aww these are pretty. i like it :-)

Reanna said...

Those photos are so incredible. I think I just found my new Danish art collective crush. Denmark really is the happiest place on earth!

Anonymous said...

what amazing images : )love them

Michelle said...

so very intriguing...

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

What awesome photos!!! They definitley had me looking twice!

Soft Atmosphere said...

i love this :) !

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I stumbled into your blog and found it extremely enjoyable.

I just want to make a small Swedish footsteps following me. Trust that I will be back again soon!

Peace & Love Agneta

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

wow all of these pictures are so gloomy and lovely.
i adore your blog!

thelittledeers.blogspot.com

Studio Duermevela said...

it's a really different work. North style. I really like.

Toosdai said...

that first photo was featured on the cover of miranda july's "no one belongs here more than you", seen here http://merci-me.blogspot.com/2009/09/table-for-one-rose-garden-and-miranda.html i love it!

yawning fawn said...

Are you okay Windydays?
Gosh you haven't posted for quite a while.
I know you have had some absences before but this time, it seems quite prolonged...
Please update, even to say "I'm okay".
Take care

amy said...

where have you gone to? i miss your posts so much, hope things are ok! xo

polli said...

LOL! I LOVE THAT ONE WITH THE HAIR PLATED TOGETHER! WOW thats soo cool! haha.. you have some fantastic vintage posts on here !!

Marta said...

These photos are so cool! Love your blog, it is really interesting!

xx

kerri said...

lady i miss you! xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing this !! I have never heard about this book, but I fell in love with this pictures :)

danica said...

i'm with amy - i miss your posts and your lovely blog presence. come back soon if you can :)

Love_Again said...

What a perfect selection of images! x

Make it Easy said...

where have you gone :-(

Taylor Kitto / The Little Deer said...

wow i adore your blog!
i just found it and all of these pictures are so lovely

xoxo
thelittledeers.blogspot.com

Soft Atmosphere said...

me han encantado las fotografías :) !!!

love this :) !

lottilou said...

I really like your blog it's full of ideas!!!

Bird said...

cool photos... very thought provoking!

Marinka said...

the books look really interesting and I love the photos, especially the first and the one with the braid

char said...

mmm, i just love this photography, so hauntingly delicate. ♥

Anonymous said...

I love the photos.



LOVE!

Miles Of Style said...

wow they sound very interesting...im very intrigued to find out more about them too!


i just stumbled upon your blog and i have to say everything here is just tooo PRETTY!

pls drop by mine too when you have some time. perhaps we can follow each other. =)

xo, persis.
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

Piia said...

Absolutely wonderful pics!! Love the feeling..

Hit Counter