After reading Amy's post, I'd say it's been a grey kind of day (there's been a lot of rain this week). Though I must admit, there's something nice about slow and lazy wet days, walking through the city with my coat wrapped around me and sipping hot drinks in cosy corners. Everything looks a little different and people become shadows, rushing through puddles on their way home.
September 26, 2009
Rainy Day Women
After reading Amy's post, I'd say it's been a grey kind of day (there's been a lot of rain this week). Though I must admit, there's something nice about slow and lazy wet days, walking through the city with my coat wrapped around me and sipping hot drinks in cosy corners. Everything looks a little different and people become shadows, rushing through puddles on their way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Portlanders want to kill me when I say this, but I am actually looking forward to the rain. Somehow it gives me a sense of well-being... I am forced to slow down and take life in (preferably while snuggled up indoors).
Beautiful pictures!
The first photo in this post is amazingly beautiful, it has a quiet and soft quality.
I'm going to miss those days when the long, hot summer rolls by here.
hm wintery days are my favourite. its been so wet that ive been staying in alot this week :) good for reading and some drawing.
ahhhh beautiful photos! loving that one with the birds.
i like my rain with some thunder and lightning.
sometimes when i'm in the city on rainy days i drink tea in a cafe above streetlevel and watch all the umbrellas running around below, its lovely weather.
we actually had some spring-like weather in perth today and your post makes me wish i was watching rain falling from a window instead. beautiful, beautiful images :)
i love that description....it sounds so nice for some rain now....today is a very windy day here. heheh
what delightfully cute little birds, beautiful photos!
and i adore the indoor plant heaven images in your previous post - my dream....
i loooove lazy cozy days snugged up at home when it's raining.
Roberta Jane: The rain definitely gives me a sense of well-being..I find it calming. :)
Elizabeth: Thank you. :)
Hila: Oh, me too. I'm such a Winter person.
Marie: I'm more productive on rainy days...but they're also good for relaxing and dreaming. :)
Laura: Thanks! Glad to hear it.
J: Oh yes, thunderstorms are great!
Amy: That sounds wonderful, I must try it one day...
Danica: Making the most of it before Summer comes round!
Make it easy: Well, I do like windy days too haha.
Ii-ne-kore: Thank you! And I'm glad you liked the plant heaven, that's a great way of putting it!
S: Me toooo! :)
Wow, these are fabulous, in the etymological sense of the word. I don't know enough about photography to know what exactly makes these marvelous. They hit me at the subconscious level, especially the one with two birds.
Bravo for visiting uncharted places of the self.
I loved the post..more than the rain itself it's nice to feel the lull when it gets dark by midday and is windy and the earth smells wet and yes, everything does seem different. Nothing like a cappuccino in a cafe with big glass doors:)
I love your "grey" kind of day! xo
~ Herman Swan
i like this and please visit my blog
foto bidoata
biodata artis
wisata bahari lamongan
tips sehat
Jerawat Komedo
Lirik lagu
Post a Comment